Sending kids back to school is a reminder that we too need to stay on track with our learning to stay present in the ever-changing market. No matter how you spin it, knowledge is power. To increase our personal and professional knowledge, we must work towards upholding an open mind and continuous learning strategy in all aspects of our lives. Building new skills leads to increased competence which in turn, results in a boost of personal confidence in our own ability to perform our work at the highest possible level of quality. Change is constant and to keep up in this rapidly changing world of technology, learning is key to staying on top of trends in the marketplace.
How can you achieve this? Learning is a collaborative effort between you and your organization. Below are some helpful techniques to increase your knowledge!
Organizations can do the following to promote a learning environment:
- Invest in a Learning Management System where employees can continue to learn new business and technological concepts
- Promote collaborative training of peers through Lunch and Learns and Brown Bags
- Offer tuition reimbursements
Employees can do the following to stay current and fresh:
- Read books, magazines, online articles
- Listen to industry podcasts or watch industry relevant YouTube videos
- Join community groups/online forums
- Research cases studies